William “Bill” Kennedy is a Rebellious Lawyer.
William Kennedy is the Managing Attorney of LSNC’s Sacramento office, a position he has held since 1990. He began his career in legal services in 1974 with California Rural Legal Assistance in Modesto, California where he served as staff attorney and directing attorney. He left CRLA in 1985 to take a job with Channel Counties Legal Services in Oxnard, CA.
Bill’s legal work has focused primarily on housing and civil rights. He helped to launch LSNC’s community economic development initiative and is the co director of the Race Equity Project. In addition to his management duties, he works with the National Legal Aid & Defenders Association and the Center for Legal Aid Education to develop a new curriculum to train young attorneys to fight racial inequity.
Here are just a few of the links about Bill Kennedy’s Rebellious Lawyering work:
- PUTTING RACE BACK ON THE TABLE: RACIAL IMPACT STATEMENTS
- 21st Century Governance: Regions, Regional Equity and Opportunity in Sacramento By Chris Benner and Bill Kennedy for the Coalition on Regional Equity
- Cultural Changes and Community Economic Development Initiatives in Legal Services: What Happened in Two Programs; Kennedy, William C.; Smith, Gary F.; Tawatao, R. Mona
- Ruth Chance Lecture at UC Berkeley Law
- Roadmap to Justice Stanford Law School
- NATIONAL DIRECTORY OF COMMUNITY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ATTORNEYS
- EJS Joins LSNC in Opposing Natural Gas Storage Project in Sacramento Neighborhood
- Sacramento Coalition for Shared Prosperity
- Framing in Race-Conscious, Antipoverty Advocacy: A Science-Based Guide to Delivering Your Most Persuasive Message
- Volunteers Question New Contractor Responsible for Educating Medicare Beneficiaries About Drug Benefit
- UC Davis Law Career Article